Choosing a casket for a family member is a decision that most people make just once or twice in their lifetime, 通常是在悲伤的时候. 在过去的几年里, Dignity Memorial® providers have heard from the families we serve that they feel unprepared to make this decision, overwhelmed with options and lacking the knowledge they need to make an informed choice.
棺材有很多选择, and they 可以 customized to fit your unique personality and budget. 从豪华的, fabric-lined bronze casket to an eco-friendly “green” casket option, our professionals are here to help you learn more about caskets, the options available at Dignity Memorial locations and what to consider when choosing a casket for yourself or your loved one.
Simply put, a casket is a container which holds the body of someone who has passed away. A casket is generally used during the visitation part of a funeral service to allow family and friends an opportunity to say a final goodbye. 后服务, the casket is transported to the final resting place and then buried in-ground or laid to rest aboveground, 就像在陵墓里一样.
棺材 come in a wide variety of materials with many different features. Though no caskets are able to permanently preserve a body, the features and materials of the casket bring lasting honor to a loved one’s legacy. With such a wide variety of options available at our Dignity Memorial locations, we will help you find the right casket for your family’s plans and budget.
- Cloth-covered caskets are the most economical options and are made from pressed plywood and covered with cloth.
- Laminate caskets are made from plywood and covered in a hardwood laminate.
- Veneered wood caskets are made from high-density fiberboard and then painted with a wood veneer.
- 钢制棺材有各种厚度可供选择, from 16 gauge (the thickest) to 20 gauge (the thinnest).
- Solid wood caskets are fashioned from solid wood varieties including mahogany, 胡桃木, 枫木, 樱桃, 橡木, 杨树或松. Their price can range depending on the variety of wood and features of the casket.
- 纯铜或青铜棺材也是一种选择, though they are typi调用y more expensive than wooden caskets.
- One of the newest casket options is an earth-friendly “green” casket designed to easily decompose when buried. Green caskets are sustainably produced with materials from renewable resources and don’t add toxins to the Earth as they decompose. 一些常见的绿色棺材材料包括软木, 香蕉叶子, 回收的纸板, 有机棉麻.
- A partial opening (half couch) or full opening (full couch) to make it easy for family and friends to see your loved one for a final time during a viewing, 探视或开棺葬礼.
- Different styles of fabrics to line the interior of the casket, 通常聚酯, 天鹅绒或缎, and various embroidery options for the interior of the casket lid.
- Exterior ornamental features like handles, designs and emblems.
当棺材被埋葬时, the need for a burial vault or outer burial container is dependent on cemetery regulations. An outer burial container is a sealed container which houses the casket underground. It helps protect the casket from damage that may occur from the weight of the earth above it, water or heavy machinery that may be necessary to reach other nearby burial spaces. It also protects the beauty of the cemetery by preventing unsightly settling of the earth over the burial location.
Please note that no outer burial container can provide full protection from the elements. Outer burial containers do not come with any guarantee.
One last thing to consider when choosing a casket is where the final resting place will be. Your local Dignity Memorial provider is available to discuss the options available for your family. 这取决于你的位置， 地下的选项 may include monument and memorial gardens, private and semiprivate estates, and others. 在地面上的选项 包括私人和半私人陵墓. 在选择 火葬, an 缸 可以 埋在传统的墓地里. There’s no right or wrong choice for the final resting place, 所以和你的家人谈谈, consider the wishes of your loved ones and work with your Dignity Memorial expert to make a personalized choice for your family.
选择棺材并不难. 通过对常用材料的理解, features and options for your loved one’s final resting place, you can feel confident in making the best decision for you or your family member. Your Dignity Memorial expert is always available to discuss the many options available to you—and can help you accommodate your family’s wishes to commemorate a life like no other.
To learn more about the topics discussed in this article or to find a Dignity Memorial provider, 调用 800 - 34 -尊严.